- Please be aware that not all plans cover newborns with automatic coverage and patients may be asked to pay for the visit in full if our office staff is not able to verify coverage for the date of service.
- Newborn charges are often put to patient responsibility because the baby has not been added to the health plan. It is the parent’s responsibility to contact our office once the baby is added to the policy so that we may submit the charges to the correct insurance and they are processed correctly. If the parent fails to contact the office within filing time limits, the charges will remain patient responsibility. Please call your insurance to add newborn within 30 days. Failure to add newborn child within 30 days may result in the child being denied coverage until the next enrollment period for the plan.
Well Child Exams
- Please be aware that a physician may bill a sick office visit (99202-99205, 99212-99215) in addition to a previously scheduled preventative visit. Per CPT coding rules the well child visit code applies only to preventative medical care but does not include any issues related to chronic diseases or acute illness. Insurance companies process these claims according to their policy guidelines and the patient may have a balance due for the unrelated sick office visit.
- All labs, hearing screen and vision screen are billed separate from the preventative office visit. Please be aware that each policy processes these charges according to your benefit guidelines and the patient may receive a bill for these services.
- We verify insurance benefits prior to your child being seen by our providers. We ask that you present your current insurance card at every visit so that the office staff may copy it. Failure to update our office with correct insurance information on the date of service will result in the charges being billed to the patient. We are not able to bill new insurance if it is not provided to us in a timely manner.
- Our office staff is only given a quote of benefits by your insurance company. It is never a guarantee of payment. We do our best to verify all vaccines and office visit co-pays and deductibles; however ANY portion that is applied to patient responsibility by the insurance company is due in full at the time of service. If you have any questions about your benefits we recommend you contact your insurance company so that they can explain your benefit package to you. Similarly you can ask our staff about the benefits that were quoted.
- We collect payment (fees, co-pays and deductibles) at the time of service. Statements will be mailed out monthly for any portion due that insurance may apply and payment in full is expected on receipt. Please review statements to insure accuracy from all parties. We accept cash, personal check and all major credit cards (Amex, Visa, MC and Discover) for your convenience. Credit card payments can be paid online at www.kidcarepediatrics.com/payments
- The parents must update new address and phone information with the front office staff. Failure to do so will result in statements being undeliverable and accounts possibly being sent to collections.
- Refunds must be requested from the office for any credit balance you may have on your account. They will not be automatically issued. Please allow ten business days to process. Refund will not be processed by credit card transactions. All refunds will be issued by paper check.
- Accounts that remain unpaid will be sent to a collection agency for further collection proceedings and will result in patients being dismissed from the practice.
- If you have a question about your account please call our office at 817.337.5503 and speak to someone in the billing department. We are happy to assist you in any way that we can.
- Call the office in Keller (817) 337-5503 or Fort Worth (817) 847-6420 twenty four hours prior to an appointment if the appointment is not going to be utilized/if the visit is being cancelled or postponed.
- We reserve the right to charge $25 for appointment no shows without 24 hour cancellation notice.
- We collect all co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance at the time of service according to the benefit quote that our office obtains from your insurance company.
- Past due account balances will be forwarded to an outside collection agency and result in the dismissal of the patient from the practice. The account will also be subject to a $25.00 collection fee.
- We have a $30.00 fee for all returned checks.
- For prescription refills, ask the pharmacy to forward a medication refill request to our office. For patients that are seen at the Keller office (FAX # 817 337-0110) and for patients that are seen at our Fort Worth office (FAX # 817-847-6412) or call the office for a refill request with 24-48 hours prior notice if possible in order to ensure a timely response. (Keller Phone # 817-337-5503) (Fort Worth Phone # 817-847-6420)
- The office is closed for all major holidays. For urgent and emergency care, parents are to use the URGENT CARE and EMERGENCY CARE GUIDELINES previously listed.
- For inclement weather office hours, check the Kid Care Pediatrics website or Facebook pages for information. For urgent and emergency care when the office is closed due to inclement weather, please use the URGENT CARE and EMERGENCY CARE guidelines previously listed.
- Kid Care Pediatrics physicians see patients from 0 – 18 years of age. Once 18 years of age, patients are referred to physicians that care for adults.
- Kid Care Pediatrics providers believe in the efficacy of vaccines and strongly recommend patients receive state and school mandated immunizations in varying schedules. Elective vaccines are also offered. For families who will be refusing/declining vaccines for their children, Kid Care Pediatrics will kindly refer families to the Tarrant County Medical Society (PH# 817 732-2825) to search for other medical practices in agreement with an anti-vaccine medical philosophy.