• Arrangements have been made to have nursing triage
available for after hours urgent calls that cannot wait until usual office hours.
• Parents should continue to call the main office phone # Keller (817) 337-5503 or Fort Worth (817) 847-6420 even after posted office hours for additional instructions.
• There is a $15.00 charge for after hours urgent nurse triage calls.
• A vast majority of calls can be handled by the triage nurse,
who will keep a written record of the child’s problem and the recommendation/advice given for chart documentation and review by Kid Care Pediatrics physicians.
• In the occasional event that the triage nurse has a question
regarding the child’s problem, or the problem is beyond her scope of training, the doctor on call for Kid Care Pediatrics will be contacted for further instructions and guidance.
• In any case, Kid Care Pediatrics medical staff will be accessible and available to help you 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
• Note: For a , dial 911 for emergency assistance immediately. For an event of poisoning/ingestion or an overdose, call the Poison Control Center for instructions at 1-800-POISON-1 (1-800-764-7611) right away.
After Hours Care
For non-life-threatening or non-severe illness which occur after office hours, during the week, and on weekends, patients are referred to:
This facility is open from:
11 AM to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week
For medical emergencies, patients will be referred to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth for evaluation and treatment. This facility is located at:
In the Downtown Fort Worth Hospital District
It is open 24 hours a day. Phone: (682) 885-4000.
For hospitalizations, patients are admitted to the Pediatric In-Patient Hospital Service at Cook Children’s Medical Center.
For Pediatric Admissions to In-patient hospital service:
Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth
801 Seventh Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104 Map
For Newborn Care – After delivery in the hospital:
Baylor Medical Center at Grapevine
1650 W. College Street
Grapevine, TX 76051 Map
• Office Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday, by Appointment
• After Hours & Weekends: Patients will be seen at the Cook Children’s Urgent Care Center